The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Scheurebe!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

WTN: Scheurebe!

by David M. Bueker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 pm

2014 Kurt Darting Ungsteiner Honigsäckel Scheurebe Spätlese - Germany, Pfalz (12/14/2017)
And here we are again with take out Thai and a bottle of Scheurebe. Not sure why I don't buy more of this every year, as it's a little shot of wild in an otherwise dreary world. Still has all that uber-ripe grapefruit, supplemented by currant, sage and pineapple. The flavors linger with a haunting presence. It's like the ghost of Hans-Gunter Schwarz Past bringing a little of his magic to us through Darting. Drink more Scheu Ebenezer! It will make your heart merry.
Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.
- Justice Hugo Black
no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:31 pm

Rockbridge Ohio

Re: WTN: Scheurebe!

by Jim Grow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 am

I have discovered recently that spatlese is the ideal must level for scheurebe. I have given away my few dry scheurebe as they were too grassy. My one remaining bottle is Muller Catoir and even that bottle leans a bit in that direction. Auslese and above can be wonderful too but usually fall into the dessert category. A wine that is kinda hard to find in Ohio.
User

ChaimShraga

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:53 am

Tel-Aviv, Israel

Re: WTN: Scheurebe!

by ChaimShraga » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:59 am

What David and Jim said!
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com