The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: RoyalTokaji TheOddity Furmint '13...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: RoyalTokaji TheOddity Furmint '13...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:24 pm

Tried this wine tonight:
1. RoyalTokaji The Oddity Furmint (13%; WilsonDanielsImpts) Mad/Tokaji/Hungary 2013: Deep gold color; very strong mineral/stony slight resiny (skin-contact?)/nutty/valve oil some white pepper/Furmint maybe slight peach/botrytis(?) very perfumed/aromatic/spicy beautiful nose; fairly tart/metallic slight resiny/nutty rather mineral/chalky totally dry light peppery/Furmint/very spicy bit Indian spices quite complex flavor; rather tart/tangy/metallic some mineral/chalky bit white pepper/Furmint/very spicy/peppery bit nutty/resiny/valve oil fairly rich/lush quite interesting/complex finish; a beautiful complex/unusual expression of Furmint w/ maybe a bit of skin-contact and a bit of botrytis; a real steal at $17.00 (KK)
2. WhatGives: On the label, the two DD's were reversed, pointing the other way. The recent Evolucion was similar, with the first E pointing in the wrong direction. Is this just a marketing gimmick?? Is there an HTML way to reverse those letters when I type it up?
Tom