The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: TablasCreek Roussanne '14...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: TablasCreek Roussanne '14...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am

Wanted a white last night, so go to my standby wnry:
1. TablasCreekVnyds Roussanne Estate/AdelaidaDist/PasoRobles (EG; 13.0%; Aged: 9 mo. in small wood/large neutral foudres/SS; www.TablasCreek.com) 2014: Med.gold color; beautiful floral/honeysuckle/honeyed/peach blossom/spicy slight mineral/chalky bit waxy almost muscat aromatics lovely nose; bit soft ripe/very rich/lush/mouthfilling ripe/floral/honeysuckle/honeyed/ripe peach slight chalky/mineral quite spicy/mango/bit pineapple beautiful flavor; very long/lingering rich/lush/bit soft intense floral/ripe/mango/peach/honeysuckle/honeyed very light chalky/mineral finish that goes on & on; still loads of primary Roussanne fruit but putting on weight and should go another 10 yrs or more; the ripeness belies the 13.0% alcohol yet manages to avoid straying into DollyParton territory; a stunning Roussanne at a great price. $28.00 (VIN)
1. I hate wines like this. Wines that, when you take a sip, demands another and you shake your heads in amazement as to how friggin' good it is. By the time I sat down to my salad, the btl was over half gone. Hate doing that and probably the only person in the world this has happened to.
Tom