The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN:Marina Coppi Timorasso '13...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN:Marina Coppi Timorasso '13...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Couldn't wait to try this wine Fri night:
1. Vigne Marina Coppi Fausto Timorasso DOC: ColliTortonesi (14%; www.TheSortingTable.com) Francesco Bellocchio/
Castellania 2013
: Med.light yellow color; very fragrant/perfumed rather Mosel valve oil/gout de petrol fairly fragrant floral/spicy/cardamon/carnations/peach blossom light stony/mineral complex beautiful nose; fairly tart/tangy/bit metallic rather gout de petrol/Mosel valve oil quite floral/carnations/peach blossom some stony/mineral/savory fairly rich complex flavor; very long/lingering quite Mosel valve oil/gout de petrol/bit pungent quite perfumed/peach blossom/carnations/spicy light stony/mineral/savory/metallic complex finish; a very exotic white some like a Mosel R/some like a Slovene RibollaGialla; a stunning Timorasso. $49.00 (KK)
1. Several months ago, I had the Coppi Barbera and was quite favorably impressed. When I saw TheSortingTable had the Timorasso, I knew I had to try it. It took Boo several months to get it in, but finally it showed up.
Timorasso makes, to my taste, the best white in the Piemonte, save for a tiny amount of White Zin they make there. The variety was nearly extinct in the Derthona area until WalterMassa found some abandoned vines and brought it back from the dead in the late '90's. It is found primarily in the ColliTortonesi near the town of Derthona. There are over 20 producers making it now. WalterMassa has always been my iconic producer and maker of the best Timorasso around. Until now. This Coppi is now the best I've had, easily. A world class white.
However, the World's greatest Timorasso won't appear for another few yrs, when SamBilbro will produce his Idlewild Timorasso as soon as it's released from FPS.
Tom