The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Cat Puy

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Cat Puy

by Jenise » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am

1998 Grand Puy Lacoste, Paulliac, Bordeaux
Returned home from a week in L.A. to a nearly empty fridge. Too tired to go to the store, I grilled a pair of steaks a thoughtful friend dropped off with some glazed carrots--the only vegetable in my fridge--and this bottle of Bordeaux. Not sure what happened while we were away, but our three cats, not usually into human food, stared intently at our dinner and Jailbait, in particular, could not stop howling. Anyway, I had a case of these and have been drinking them on and off for about eight years now. Not sure I ever hit its perfect sweet spot but it's certainly the best now it will ever be, I think. Good color and depth, only barely browning at the edges--mature but fresh with all the usual characteristics of aged Paulliac, if on a slightly thinner frame, and shows best with at least two hours of decanting.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

ChaimShraga

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 am

Tel-Aviv, Israel

Re: WTN: Cat Puy

by ChaimShraga » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Geez, Jenise, don't leave us hanging on. Did the cats get a shot of the GPL?
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com