The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Foradori Teroldego '14....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Foradori Teroldego '14....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 am

Decided to crack this last night:
1. Foradori Teroldego IGT: Vigneti delle Dolomiti (12.5%; Unflted; www.ElisabettaForadori; L01/16) Mezzolombardo/
Trentino 2014
: Very dark color; very strong pungent/licorice/blackberry/boysenberry/Teroldego some smokey bit earthy/dusty some complex classic Teroldego attractive nose; some tart/tangy strong blackberry/licorice/boysenberry/Teroldego/spicy some earthy/dusty structured pretty classic Teroldego flavor w/ light brisk/tangy tannins; very long/lingering bit hard/austere strong blackberry/licorice/Teroldego/spicy light earthy/dusty finish w/ light crunchy/brittle tannins; speaks strongly of Foradori Teroldego; a good Foradori but not a great one; I was expecting better w/ more lush Teroldego fruit. $24.00 (K&L)
Post #1 Postby Brian G r a f s t r o m » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:34 pm
2014 Foradori - Italy, Trentino-Alto Adige, Vigneti delle Dolomiti IGT (4/8/2018)
-- popped and poured --
-- tasted non-blind over 2 – 3 hours on Day 1; tasted again on Day 6 --

NOSE: menthol; cement; light red fruits; faint cement scent; a bit carbonic. Noticeable cherry note on Day 6.

BODY: medium-light bodied; little bit of spritz.

TASTE: high acidity – V/A?; tastes a bit carbonic; light purple berries and plum; light mineral;. 12.5% alc. not noticeable; a bit sour; gentle fine tannins; seems best to Drink Now and over the near term. A little better on Day 6, surprisingly, with notes of cement, strawberry, and mineral. Not exactly sure whether this was a representative bottle, but I am assuming it was. The strong Day 6 showing gives me some hope, but not enough to buy again.
50, 4, 11, 14, 6 = (85 pts.)

I had bought 4 btls of this wine from the same source (K&L) to use in my upcoming "Red Wine Tour of the Dolomites" seminar at Pig+Fig and was a bit concerned by the other reviews. I liked this wine better than the others, but didn't think it was one of the better Foradoris I've had.
ElisabettaForadori is, of course, the master of Teroldego and her wines tower above all the other producers I've had. She farms BioDynamically and ferments/ages in clay tinajas from JosePadilla. Her vnyd-designate Teroldegos are, of course, even better than this basic Teroldego. Great lady, great winemaker.
Tom