The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Burgundy, Red

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

WTN: Burgundy, Red

by Rahsaan » Sat May 26, 2018 10:53 pm

2010 H. Prudhon St. Aubin Sur le Sentier du Clou VV
I really enjoyed some succulent bottles of this a few years ago, but now I am wondering what more it has in store. Plenty delicious right now, tart Burg berry with a resolved tannin structure. Delicious with dinner although not hitting many intense interest notes alone. Which is fine. But it makes me think that perhaps I will drink up the rest of my Prudhon '10s before the year is out.

1978 Parent Corton
I don't drink a lot of Burgundy with this kind of age, so it was a welcome treat. Already from the smell, that haunting apple orchard forest berry aroma that I associate with aged Burgundy, which is absolutely lovely. Then the clear silky sweet fruit comes in, gaining weight over several hours, and increasing in pleasure all the while. I'm sure there are more complex '78s out there. But I wasn't thinking about them, because I had this lovely gem in my glass!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Burgundy, Red

by Jenise » Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 pm

'78 was one of those killer vintages, wasn't it? Lucky you to taste one, any one.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sun May 27, 2018 3:48 pm

1978 is indeed one of the great years.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Sun May 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Yes, I can't say I've had the pleasure of many 78 Burgundies, but I hear good things.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Rahsaan wrote:Yes, I can't say I've had the pleasure of many 78 Burgundies, but I hear good things.

Back when I was more naive than today I had 78 La Tache--from a magnum no less. It was superb, but I know I didn't get just how superb.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov