The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Turning in my Wine Snob Card

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Turning in my Wine Snob Card

by Brian K Miller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:23 pm

I did it. I was at the Clarksburg Sugar Mill on Sunday and happened to glance in at the newly remodeled Rendezvous Winery space.

The Wine Slushy called to me. I answered the call. Pomegranate Wine Slushy arrived. It was delicious. Certainly superior to Coke or Pepsi!

:mrgreen: :roll:
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

OK....

by TomHill » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Brian K Miller wrote:I did it. I was at the Clarksburg Sugar Mill on Sunday and happened to glance in at the newly remodeled Rendezvous Winery space.

The Wine Slushy called to me. I answered the call. Pomegranate Wine Slushy arrived. It was delicious. Certainly superior to Coke or Pepsi!

:mrgreen: :roll:

Uhhhh...OK, Brian. You did take TN's , didn't you?? Post 'em!! Don't be bashful.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: Turning in my Wine Snob Card

by Jon Leifer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Wine slushies have a fixture at the NY State Fair..While I will admit that I have never succumbed, I can attest to seeing scores of happy (and bombed) customers guzzling the slushies during the years that I attended the Fair with my wife and kids,,Haven't been back in long time..
Jon
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Northern California

Re: OK....

by Brian K Miller » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 pm

TomHill wrote:Uhhhh...OK, Brian. You did take TN's , didn't you?? Post 'em!! Don't be bashful.
Tom

It was cold. It was sweet. It was icy. It tasted like pomegranate. And alcohol. It was delicious. :mrgreen:

I have not followed wine slushies from the beginning. I have actually never tried a "wine cooler", and Bartles and James is not in my cellar. :lol:
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Well...

by TomHill » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Brian K Miller wrote:
TomHill wrote:Uhhhh...OK, Brian. You did take TN's , didn't you?? Post 'em!! Don't be bashful.
Tom

It was cold. It was sweet. It was icy. It tasted like pomegranate. And alcohol. It was delicious. :mrgreen:

I have not followed wine slushies from the beginning. I have actually never tried a "wine cooler", and Bartles and James is not in my cellar. :lol:

Well, Brian....glad to hear you were able to retrieve your Wine Snob card. Welcome back to our group!! :lol:
Tom
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Not sure that means you are no longer a snob. I've actually never heard of a wine slushie (maybe that makes me the snob), but plenty of 'blended beverages' (sangria anyone) can be delicious.

The trick is knowing the difference!
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Northern California

by Brian K Miller » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Rahsaan wrote:Not sure that means you are no longer a snob. I've actually never heard of a wine slushie (maybe that makes me the snob), but plenty of 'blended beverages' (sangria anyone) can be delicious.

The trick is knowing the difference!

Good points, Rahsaan.

I will confess a degree of AFWE snobbery. :oops:

My landlady loves Sangria.
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Most slushies I have seen at wineries are not wine slushies at all, they are unfermented grape juice, a very different product.

Was the one you had alcoholic, Brian.
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Northern California

by Brian K Miller » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am

Bill Spohn wrote:....Was the one you had alcoholic, Brian?

Most certainly! :mrgreen: