The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Gruber Chard TBA Roschitz/Austria '15...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Gruber Chard TBA Roschitz/Austria '15...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Stumbled upon this at Total Wines on Sat:
1. Gruber Chard TBA Roschitz (8.5%; Certified Organic; Saranty Imports/Stamford; www.gruber-roeschitz.at/; L0916/3) Roschitz/Niederosterreich/Austria 2015: Med.gold color; very strong grapey/floral/pineapple/melony/Chard slight botrytis/ripe peach intense beautiful/complex nose; quite tart very sweet some honeyed/honeycomb very ripe/melony/Chard/overripe honeydew melon very slight botrytis/peachy flavor; very long rather tart quite sweet honeyed/honeycomb ripe/melony/Chard very slight botrytis very rich/lush finish; quite a lovely dessert Chard at a great price; not at the level of a Kracher but the price of one; more of an overripe Chard than a botrytis/dessertwine; reminds of a very ripe honeydew melon marinated in a Muscat wine; a great value in a dessert wine. $34.00/hlf (TW)
1. This was not a label I was familiar with. The shelf-talker indicated it was a TotalWine winery-direct. They have a very extensive portfolio & I shall try some of their others, but with low expectations.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Gruber Chard TBA Roschitz/Austria '15...(short/bori

by Jenise » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Tom, just posted on a Gruber St. Laurent pink we picked up in Alberta while camping up there. Do you speak Austrian/German? Was surprised when I went to post on the wine in CT this morning to find the names listed as you do here, but if I were to have gone by what I saw on the label, I'd presume Gruber Roschitz to be the winery name and would listed those first, then variety etc.

Btw, your name came up again, this time in Montana when talking to a Marilyn and Gary Warren from Los Alamos. They don't know-know you, but may have met you and you definitely have close friends in common, I believe their name was Payne.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov