The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Roses, Aligote, and Cot by the Hudson

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Roses, Aligote, and Cot by the Hudson

by Dale Williams » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Wednesday was the first riverside park concert of the season. Clouds cooled things down, the jazz harmonicist Hendrik Meurkens put on a great show, and we had fun with friends.

We carried crab salad, duck salad, charcuterie, pasta with peas and pesto, cheeses, others shared their own meats, cheeses, salads and dips

2017 Arnot Roberts Clear Lake Rose

Strawberries and nectarine, orange zest. Floral, light, tasty. B+

2015 De Villaine Bouzeron Aligote
Richer style of Aligote, pit fruits and lemon, minerally finish. B+/B

2015 Bouges "Les Cots Hauts" Cot
Juicy, red fruited, herby, doubt I would have pegged as Cot/Malbec if not on label, good. B

2017? Abrazo Rosado

Kirsch mixed with cherry KoolAid, flat and fat. C

Great time with friends. Iit was cloudy to west (over Palisades) but clear to north, so we watched the sunset colors play out behind the new and old TZ bridges before heading home

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Roses, Aligote, and Cot by the Hudson

by Jenise » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:19 pm

I can really go for aligote when it's like you described. There's a very pleasant one being made (and grown) in Washington state now and it sells for just $10/bottle. Insanely good QPR.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov