The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Two From Prima IlConsorzio..(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Two From Prima IlConsorzio..(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 am

My Summer Prima IlConsorzio shipment arrived Fri, so I cracked this weekend:
1. Francois Chidaine Sauvignon AOC: Touraine Blanc (12%; BeauneImports) Montlouis 2017: Med.light gold color w/ lots of tiny bubbles clinging to sides of glass/dissolved CO2; strong ripe/melony/SB slight citrusy/grapefruity very light stony/chalky bit metallic/steely quite attractive some minerally nose; quite tart/tangy fairly rich/lush strong melony/grapefruity/citric light chalky/stony slight metallic flavor; very long/lingering ripe/melony/SB/grapefruity light stony/chalky finish; quite rich/lush for a Touraine SB and not much of the steely/acid minerality most show; a Californicated Touraine but quite tasty in its own right; no signs of dissolved CO2 on the palate. $16.00 (PrimaIlC)
2. Maison Jessiaume PinotNoir AC: Bourgogne (13%; www.Jessiaume.com; www.EstateWinesLtd.com) Santenay 2015: Med.dark color; some earthy/mushroomy//bit loamy some black cherry/PN almost RRV-like PN attractive non-Burgundian nose; rather soft/lush bit metallic/tangy some earthy/loamy/mushroomy fairly strong black cherry/PN flavor w/ light tangy tannins; long some earthy/loamy/mushroomy some black cherry/PN finish w/ light tannins; a rather RRV-like Californicated Burgundy w/ a light earthy/mushroomy character that speaks quietly of RedBurg; a pleasant enough wine if you must drink RedBurg. $25.00 (PrimaIlC)
1. The Prima IlConsorzio wine club is one of the few wine clubs I continue to maintain. Frank Rothstein does a great job of searching out wines at very good values for their monthly 3-btl shipment. The wines are invariably interesting and well-priced. I would say about 3 times a yr, Frank hits one that really resonates with my palate and I'll reorder.
Tom
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Two From Prima IlConsorzio..(short/boring)

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:10 pm

I cannot understand quote Californicated Touraine. How is it possible to reproduce a SB from Touraine in California? They are so distinct and quite unlike any other SB.
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Well....

by TomHill » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:16 am

Bob Parsons Alberta wrote:I cannot understand quote Californicated Touraine. How is it possible to reproduce a SB from Touraine in California? They are so distinct and quite unlike any other SB.

What I'm trying to say it was more Calif in style than Loire because it was richer/riper than most Touraine
and not that strong minerality you would expect. Served blind, I might have guessed it to be a Calif SB
rather than Loire.
Tom