The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Terrazzi Alti Sasella '14...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Terrazzi Alti Sasella '14...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Tried this Sunday w/ John on his 98'th BD:
1. Siro Buzzetti Terrazzi Alti DOCG: Valtellina Superiore Sassella (13%; 3152 btls; www.terrazzialti.com) Castione Andevenno 2014: Med.light color; beautiful floral/lilacs/violets/rose petal light road tar/pungent slight earthy some spicy/thyme very high-toned aromatic classic Nebb nose; rather tart/tangy/bit metallic strong floral/violets/rose petal light tarry/pungent/licorice bit earthy/dusty rather classic Nebb/high-toned some complex flavor w/ modest tangy/bitey tannins; very long/lingering bright/fragrant/high-toned very strong floral/violets/lilacs/rose petal light pungent/road tar/truffly fairly tart/tangy complex finish w/ modest ripe/bitey tannins; a classic expression of Valtelline Nebb w/ loads of high-toned floral character; will go another 10 yrs probably; very well-priced at $32.40 (BWS)
1. EmilioCastelli is vacationing w/ his family up in Bellano on LakeComo. A few weeks ago, he and daughter Maria went up to the Valtelline and did a visit with Siro and liked the wines a lot. I'd never heard of that producer, so searched to find if it was imported into the USofA. It is imported by Balanced Wine Selections out of Sonoma. Which is how I stumbled across that exceptional importer. I am now working my way thru their very interesting portfolio.
I was very impressed by this Nebb. The tannins were very well-managed and only enough bite to tell you that you were drinking Nebb. It reminded me a lot of the SandroFay and Prevostini Valtelline Nebbs. A producer I must visit when I'm in the Valtelline again.
Tom