The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

P. Licht Bergweiler

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Ryan M

Rank

Wine Gazer

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Atchison, KS

P. Licht Bergweiler

by Ryan M » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:36 pm

I bought some 2001 P. Licht Bergweiler Brauneberger Mandelgraben Riesling Spatlese from a JJ Buckley email offer. The price was good, and one of my regrets is that I didn't know enough to buy more 2001 Germans (I had only just gotten into wine back then).

I can't find a lot of info on the weingut or the vineyard. So any info / perspective would be appreciated. I'm hoping these have substantial years left ahead of them still.
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: P. Licht Bergweiler

by David M. Bueker » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:11 am

I would open one soon.

I am not familiar with the producer. The vineyard is in a highly regarded area of the middle Mosel, but the specific site is completely unfamiliar to me.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Ryan M

Rank

Wine Gazer

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Atchison, KS

Re: P. Licht Bergweiler

by Ryan M » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:35 am

David M. Bueker wrote:I would open one soon.

I am not familiar with the producer. The vineyard is in a highly regarded area of the middle Mosel, but the specific site is completely unfamiliar to me.

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever encountered a German Riesling that you didn't know! Must be really obscure then, and that seems to be consistent with the fact that I can find almost no info.

I expect I will try one over the holidays, and will report of course!
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)