The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Sattlerhof SauvBlanc '17...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Sattlerhof SauvBlanc '17...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Tried this Fri as Susan was heading off for Basel the next morning:
1. Sattlerhof SauvBlanc Sudsteiermark/Austria (12.5%; www.Sattlerhof.At; Craft+Estate/WinebowImports) 2017: Light yellow color w/ small bubbles that dissipate rapidly; strong herbal/SB/slight weedy some stony/perfumed talc slight melony/lemony fairly fragrant attractive nose; fairly tart/tangy light herbal/SB/bit weedy/new mown hay light chalky/perfumed talc/lemony bit light/vapid flavor; med.short tart/tangy/metallic light herbal/SB/new mown hay/lemony slight chalky/stony finish; a rather attractive class Steirmark SB nose but a bit dull/simple/vapid on the palate. $27.00 (AV)
1. When I toured Sudsteiermark several yrs ago, an absolutely beautiful area of rolling/steep hillsides, I found a lot of SauvBlancs that I liked quite a bit. Alas, you don't see many imported into the USofA. So when I saw this on the shelf, I wanted to try it. I liked the nose quite a bit, but the wein just didn't deliver on the palate. Sigh....
Tom