The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Resting on my Laurels

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Resting on my Laurels

by Jenise » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:48 pm

2003 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Mountain
Opaque purple-black speaks to the unavoidable ripeness of the '03 vintage--more color and extraction than typical for LGs, that is. Black currant and blackberry flavors with chocolate notes more like merlot than cabernet. Silky mouthfeel and finish. Best bottle yet of a case--unfortunately, only two left. Weird thing--before now per CT I've only recorded 4 of the bottles we've drunk. I gave one away early on, so should have 7 left, or at least five or six even if I forgot to delete bottles--which honestly rarely happens. I was born to keep records (I'm seriously OCD about it--even as a child I filled out a card on every book I read and filed it in a recipe box) and where yeah every now and then one gets away from me I'm confident that I'm at least 95% accurate so there should be a lot more than two left.

Sadly has me wondering something. A long ago friend and I were both into LG in the early 90's. We're no longer close, but he did visit here 6 or 7 years ago, when he could no longer afford wines at this pricepoint. Would he have....? Sure don't want to think so.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

ChaimShraga

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 am

Tel-Aviv, Israel

Re: WTN: Resting on my Laurels

by ChaimShraga » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 am

Took me a second read to get what you were asking...
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com