The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Mostly Loire by the river

by Dale Williams » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Another hot Wednesday, but in the shade with the breeze off river we had a good time at the park. I brought lamb/green bean salad, cheeses, kohlrabi/apple slaw. Others shared cucumber soup, fatoush, shrimp, and more.

2015 Pepiere Ch. Thebaud Muscadet

Full, rich, but with enough acid spine tio seem balanced. Citrus, flowers, rain on gravel. B+

2018 Borell Diehl Muller-Thurgau Trocken
Blinded, my guess was Riesling feinherb or halbtrocken. Lemonade, ginger, some mineral notes. Pretty good for M-T (and $10/liter). B

2018 Lambert “ Mathilde” Chinon Rose
Quiet strawberry fruit, a little anise. B

2018 Cooperative Vendomois “Lieu-Dit Cocagne” (Coteaux du Vendomois)rose

New Loire appellation to me, Pineau d’Aunis with too much pine needle and geranium for me to love. B-/C+

2009 Baudry “Clos Guillot” Chinon
In a good place from this ripe vintage. Juicy black cherry, herbs, gamebird. Plenty of tannin but reasonably supple. B+

2015 Bouges “Les Cotes Hauts” Cot

I knew not Cab Franc but took a couple guess. Sturdy, dark fruit, some cocoa. Fun. B/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: WTN: Mostly Loire by the river

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Baudry..nice. Able to find when on visits to Calgary but shelf empty pretty quick but worth 3 hr drive.
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Mostly Loire by the river

by David M. Bueker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Dale Williams wrote:2009 Baudry “Clos Guillot” Chinon
In a good place from this ripe vintage. Juicy black cherry, herbs, gamebird. Plenty of tannin but reasonably supple. B+

Similar to my experience with the Grezeaux.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
- George Orwell