The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Catching Up Pt. 3 (Beaujo Rosé, CdR)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Jones in Tokyo

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:16 am

Tokyo, Japan

WTN: Catching Up Pt. 3 (Beaujo Rosé, CdR)

by Jim Jones in Tokyo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 am

CATCHING UP: A FEW MORE - At Home in Tokyo (3/23/2006-4/17/2006)

A couple of things consumed at home with food over several nights each. These just somehow never made it into another set of notes, so it is cleanup time.
  • 2004 Cambon, Château Beaujolais Rosé - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais (3/23/2006)
    (From the hand of Marcel Lapierre, thus part of the all-natural regime.) When dusty copper meets pink, we’ve already got a gamay rosé that seems altogether more substantial than its Angevin cousins. Dropping the nose into the glass confirms the impressions of the eyes, but also confirms that this wine does not suffer from any of the odd flaws that sometimes afflict Lapierre wines. This one is thoroughly sound. The nose throws up earthy essences of strawberry and dark peach fruit, along with a scent of very warm, sweet earth. On the palate, there’s a nice little streak of acid and mineral, but this is very generous. My wife thinks it is a bit (pleasantly) sweet. I think it is at least close to dry. In any case, it behaves like a gentle and friendly Morgon that is immediately ready to drink, showing easy berry and peach fruit. If I can find this in the US this summer, several cases of it will be refrigerated at the mountain house in NC for standby luncheon and afternoon grill-side drinking.
  • 2003 Domaine Richaud Côtes du Rhône Villages Cairanne - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône Villages Cairanne (4/17/2006)
    Consistent with prior bottles. Dark and rich plummy color and a nose that is ripe and rich with blackberry and other briary fruit. Enough warm earth and herbs to keep it all interesting and together. A bit of tannin and chocolate in the finish give structure and context to the gluggable ripe berry fruit. Best alone or with simple grilled food. I’m drinking it up young to enjoy its vivid fruit.

Posted from CellarTracker
Jim Jones
Tokyo, Japan
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: TN: Catching Up Pt. 3 (Beaujo Rosé, CdR)

by Rahsaan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:44 pm

2003 Domaine Richaud Côtes du Rhône Villages Cairanne

No brett on this one?
no avatar
User

Jim Jones in Tokyo

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:16 am

Tokyo, Japan

by Jim Jones in Tokyo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:15 am

Not a bit of brett on the Richaud or the Cambon.

And this was my fifth or sixth bottle of Richaud (used them for a party a little while back).

Enjoy,

Jim
Jim Jones
Tokyo, Japan
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:55 am

Good to hear, I had heard rumors of growing brett in the 03 Richaud wines, but perhaps it was a different bottling.. Pure stuff though, nice..