The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

NWR: I have lost auto-login on WLDG

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

ClarkDGigHbr

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Gig Harbor, WA

NWR: I have lost auto-login on WLDG

by ClarkDGigHbr » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:55 pm

I have lost my WLDG auto-login capability. I have cookies enabled, and installed IE 7.0 some time ago. Is there a security setting I have wrong?

Thanks -- Clark
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: NWR: I have lost auto-login on WLDG

by Robin Garr » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:38 pm

ClarkDGigHbr wrote:I have lost my WLDG auto-login capability. I have cookies enabled, and installed IE 7.0 some time ago. Is there a security setting I have wrong?

Clark, I assume that when you log in, you check the box for "stay logged in" (or words to that effect)? If you do so, then the system should set a cookie on your computer that will remember your setting and let you in without login on future visits.

If this is not happening, then <i>something</i> in your settings is defeating the process, and something about your cookies would be the first and obvious guess. But without looking over your shoulder, it's hard to say more.
no avatar
User

ClarkDGigHbr

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Gig Harbor, WA

by ClarkDGigHbr » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I assume that when you log in, you check the box for "stay logged in" (or words to that effect)? If you do so, then the system should set a cookie on your computer that will remember your setting and let you in without login on future visits.

If this is not happening, then <i>something</i> in your settings is defeating the process, and something about your cookies would be the first and obvious guess. But without looking over your shoulder, it's hard to say more.

Yes, I always check the box "Log me on automatically each visit" in the login window. This is supposed to save the cookie on my system. I don't know if my problem is a side-effect of IE7 security settings or of a patch I may have downloaded a while ago.

-- Clark
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Clark, happens to me frequently. I lose mine every time I run a cookie cleaner called Ad-Aware, and there have been a few times when it seemed to disappear of its own volition. Just click on the "remember me" box that Robin mentioned next to time you enter, and all will be right again. Until the next time, of course.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov