The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Côte de Nuits Villages People

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Côte de Nuits Villages People

by David M. Bueker » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:41 pm

• 2006 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (9/19/2021)
    I bought a case of this wine on release. The first six bottles were more than a bit of a slog. I put the rest aside, hoping that someday they would at least be pleasant to drink instead on an exercise is masochism. Tonight I opened bottle seven of twelve, and found what I had been looking for the last fifteen years. From the first sip after opening it was a different wine. Graceful, elegant aromatics of rose petal, loamy earth and dried red fruits preview a softening (but not yet soft) palate that dances across the palate in elegant but spiked heels. The wine is ready to draw you in, but still asking for even more time. After years of lingering regret of a case purchase I am finally happy, and well, that’s Burgundy!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: Côte de Nuits Villages People

by Rahsaan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 am

David M. Bueker wrote:After years of lingering regret of a case purchase I am finally happy, and well, that’s Burgundy!

Indeed. 15 years for a CdNV from a non-blockbuster year! The end result sounds great and difficult to replicate elsewhere, but there is some investment required! All the better for people who inherit cellars...
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Côte de Nuits Villages People

by David M. Bueker » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:05 am

At least it was only $30/bottle (before case discount) back when I bought it. Current pricing requires more financial commitment.
Decisions are made by those who show up