The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2010 Musar Blanc

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2010 Musar Blanc

by Jenise » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:03 pm

Saina, where are you?

2010 Chateau Musar Blanc Bekaa Valley White Blend
At Mirador, Manny's wine, served blind. Straw gold. Intricate nose that's familiar, semillon-ish, but it's changing by the second and I know I don't know what it is. Honey and something both citrusy and herbal, lemon verbena?, keep trading places, and there's a very faint note of something oxidative--not spoiled but intentional, deliberate and perhaps older but could have started out this way with some different grapes than what I usually drink. And then the marzipan comes in. It's like an opera, just when you think you're getting a grip on what's happening another voice shows up. A fascinator, and the reveal isn't surprising.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

Re: WTN: 2010 Musar Blanc

by John S » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:21 pm

One of my favorite wines in the world. Exotic and ever-changing. Tons of bottle variation, though. Was this at Miradoro restaurant in the Oliver area? Great views and good food.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Yes, it was. Great restaurant.

This is only the third or fourth Musar Blanc I've ever had, I owned one and the others only come along every 5 so years. Never see them at retail.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Ah..Tinhorn Creek! Been past a few times but too pricy for me on a travel budget.