The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Bam! Bam! Bam! Bambino!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Bam! Bam! Bam! Bambino!

by David M. Bueker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:02 pm

• 2019 Bucklin Bambino Field Blend Old Hill Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (11/16/2021)
    The 2018 turned me on to this wine. The 2019 reinforces my feeling that it stands with the Bedrock OVZ as a top value in California red wine. Rich berry fruit, spice and a touch of vanilla, and crushed green herbs and earth all come together in a clean, fresh package that has legs to develop and improve for several years, then hang on for as long as you want. It’s a $25 wine. What a crazy value.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Yup...

by TomHill » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:54 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:
  • 2019 Bucklin Bambino Field Blend Old Hill Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (11/16/2021)
    The 2018 turned me on to this wine. The 2019 reinforces my feeling that it stands with the Bedrock OVZ as a top value in California red wine. Rich berry fruit, spice and a touch of vanilla, and crushed green herbs and earth all come together in a clean, fresh package that has legs to develop and improve for several years, then hang on for as long as you want. It’s a $25 wine. What a crazy value.

Yup, David.... that Bambino is an absolute steal.
Tom
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Yup...

by TomHill » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:54 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:

Yup, David.... that Bambino is an absolute steal.
Tom
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Bam! Bam! Bam! Bambino!

by David M. Bueker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:18 pm

You can say that again!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Bam! Bam! Bam! Bambino!

by Jenise » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:31 pm

We had another '18 last night, with tacos. Great stuff.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov