The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Most Popular Domestic Wine Brands

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Pat G

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 am

Most Popular Domestic Wine Brands

by Pat G » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:51 pm

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/most-po ... paign=site

Believe I've had most of these brands. Most were not recent exposure, with the exception of Chateau Ste. Michelle. Years ago, a secretary at work received a gift of 2 bottles of Barefoot. She wanted me to take the white, a Chard, because she was concerned that the total gift exceeded the allowed limit of $25. I assured her she was within the limit, but she still wanted me to take it. Worth the price....but it was free. :wink:
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: Most Popular Domestic Wine Brands

by David M. Bueker » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:33 pm

There are only three on that list where I would be willing to drink any of their wines, and it wouldn’t be the mass-market stuff.

Beringer still makes some outstanding wines that are far from the generic swill that caused it to make that list.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Pat G

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 am

Re: Most Popular Domestic Wine Brands

by Pat G » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Indeed. Beringer is a reliable producer IMHO. I remember their Chard made WS top wine years ago. And their Knights Valley Cab at <$30 is a good party wine or gift for a non-geek.

And Jackson Family Wines, home of K-J, has quite a few upscale brands. Freemark Abbey, Gran Moraine, Maggy Hawk, Penner-Ash. The top 20 List may be just K-J, but there again there are options <$30 like the Beringer.

Received a Freemark Abbey Cab as a gift. 2012. Maybe better than 2011....