The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Mee oh my

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Mee oh my

by Jenise » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:32 pm

2015 Domaine Mee Godard Morgon Corcelette Gamay
Serious stuff, showing well. Tannins still in charge but the black cherry fruit is holding its own; will have a long life, especially for a '15.

2006 Poonawatta Estate Shiraz The Cuttings Eden Valley
Opened Sunday to cheer on Cam Smith in Kapalua. Cheerful red fruit and an annoying amount of smoke from toasted oak. Not my thing but for fans of that, it's aging nicely and nowhere near done.

2019 Bodegas Peñalba López Blanco Finca Torremilanos Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y León White Blend
Pretty nose of geranium and ginger adds zest to the obvious coconutty American oak, but the latter dominates the palate. More time in the bottle will bring it all into balance, but it's not there right now.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Mee oh my

by David M. Bueker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:49 pm

Not familiar with that Beaujolais producer.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:09 am

Neither was I before I bought them, but her ('Mee' is a she) name has shown up on lists of noteworthy small producers I've seen since.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 am

Me either. I thought Corcelette was just a cuvee name for Foillard, but must be an actual vineyard
Do you know blend on the white?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am

Re Corcelette--yes, in Morgon. Several producers make a Corcelette, I've had a Bouland too.

Re the Penalba: chardonnay and viura. I actually bought it thinking I was getting that producer's white tempranillo (from a distance and in a hurry, 'torremolinos' and 'tempranillo' look a lot alike), which I've loved in the past.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:30 pm