The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Rose gold

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Rose gold

by Jenise » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:24 pm

2020 Albino Armani Pinot Grigio Colle Ara Valdadige Terra dei Forti
Serious rose gold color. Exotic aromatic nose of oranges and papaya with that WA state confection known as Aplets and Cotlets (loved these as a child) on the palate, though it's dry, not sweet. Doesn't see oak but the prolonged skin contact responsible for that color adds luxurious texture. Quite beautiful.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Pat G

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 am

Re: WTN: Rose gold

by Pat G » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:39 pm

Interesting that an Albino wine is rose gold. Learned a new term on aplets and cotlets. Per Google, analogous to Turkish Delight.

Sounds interesting, Jenise.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:43 pm

It's the owner's name, Albino (pronounced Al-bee-no) Armani. And hey, it's killer QPR! In frugal territory at $20ish, Total Wine.

And it was killer paired it with shrimp in a pan sauce of ouzo, oranges and fresh oregano. That wine, THAT dish = magic.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Pat G

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 am

by Pat G » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm

Realized it was his name. An Italian name that reminds me of upscale leather products. And the PG is available via Total Wine. Glad it was a good value to you and nice pairing. Our nearest TW has the PG for $12 and a Soave for $14. Could go on the list....after a long time. Too much wine here already.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Pat G wrote:Realized it was his name. An Italian name that reminds me of upscale leather products. And the PG is available via Total Wine. Glad it was a good value to you and nice pairing. Our nearest TW has the PG for $12 and a Soave for $14. Could go on the list....after a long time. Too much wine here already.

At that price it's not the Colle Ara we had. Albino Armani makes about four different PGs.