The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Online wine Cellar Data Bases

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

frank filice

Rank

Cellar rat

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:50 am

Online wine Cellar Data Bases

by frank filice » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:40 pm

Has anybody used winefetch yet. http://www.winefetch.com/ to creat you cellar or check out the availablity of you favorite wine?

If you are looking for an easy way to catagorize your wine collection this is the best I have seen online. An exhaustive list of wines by country,region, and varital. low end high end and all wines in between also WS WA WE ratings are given from 1996 to 2005. and drink now information

check it out. Maybe Robin will do a piece on this. Much better search engine for wines than winezap
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

Re: Online wine Cellar Data Bases

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:04 pm

Pretty cool, Frank. I just created an account, and although I don't really have a cellar yet (or anything that comes close to a collection), I'm working on it and this will help me avoid the self-created spreadsheet I was going to work on. Thanks!
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Frank, just to clarify, are you involved with WineFetch.com in any way, or speaking only as a satisfied consumer?
no avatar
User

frank filice

Rank

Cellar rat

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:50 am

by frank filice » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:23 pm

RObin:

Thanks for the question
I am speaking as a satified user of the online data base. It free with the usual advertisement supporting the web site. I had been looking for something like this which is easy to use and this fit the bill. also finding places to purchase wine and compare wine prices etc. quite the set up.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:31 pm

Seems to miss a few compared to Winesearcher Pro, though not surprised it can compete with Winezap (which as far as I can tell exists solely so Carolina Wine can say "we're selling this for $25, lowest price on Winezap is $49.99!")/.

As far as cellar database, as far as I'm concerned Cellartracker is king.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Another satisfied Cellartracker user here. I like it so much I regularly contribute to support the site.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:30 pm

frank filice wrote:Thanks for the question
I am speaking as a satified user of the online data base. It free with the usual advertisement supporting the web site. I had been looking for something like this which is easy to use and this fit the bill. also finding places to purchase wine and compare wine prices etc. quite the set up.

Thanks, Frank! Reviews and reports by consumers are always welcome here, but we do ask folks promoting their own wares at least disclose that. I figured you were just telling us about something you like, but it never hurts to ask. :)