The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2003 Joseph Drouhin Chorey-Les-Beaune and an ESJ

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

WTN: 2003 Joseph Drouhin Chorey-Les-Beaune and an ESJ

by Redwinger » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:23 am

2003 Joseph Drouhin Chorey-Les-Beaune
The meal consisted of Baked Salmon/Wild Rice
Decanted for ~60 minutes.
The nose is unmistakable Pinot Noir. Tart cherry, earth, and some exotic spices that I could not identify. The flavors carry to the palate and finish with a solid, but not spectacularly lengthy finish.
Just a touch on the riper side of the spectrum, but not out of balance by any means. Hey, this is a 2003 after all. The lower acidity suggests this should be consumed over the next year or two. IIRC, I paid ~$20.

2005 Edmunds St John Shell and Bone White
A blend of Viognier and Rousanne from Paso Robles. I believe the fruit is source from Rozet Vineyard, but I could be wrong about that.
Tasted at a local shop.
This is the second time I have tasted this wine in the last couple of months and I was struck by how this latest bottle showed more of the floral Viognier profile than my previous bottle. I have a few of these in the cellar so I will be interested in seeing its development over the next year or two. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that this was a delight to drink. ~$17.
Redwinger
Smile, it gives your face something to do!