The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Gravonia

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Gravonia

by Jenise » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:22 pm

Last night with pork chops braised in an onion-sherry sauce:

2013 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Viña Gravonia Viura, Macabeo
As another CT reviewer said, "Compares to nothing I know, in a class of it's own. Full-bodied but fresh, elegant and mouthfilling...." I'll add: fresh and dried pears, salty minerality, and more minimally oxidative than any Gravonia I've had in the past. Hypnotic on nose and palate with echo chambers of flavor and a looooong finish. For my tastes, best vintage of Gravonia so far.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Gravonia

by David M. Bueker » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:40 pm

I thought I had more Gravonia in the cellar. I was incorrect. I actually have three bottles of the 2005 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Reserva Viña Tondonia. Huh.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Gravonia

by Jenise » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:10 pm

Lucky you, I guess, since you've said you don't care for the Gravonia. But honestly, I don't know how any experienced wine person can not love this--except for, as said elsewhere, anyone who hates sherry/flor flavors.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov