The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Coppi Fausto Timorasso '13....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Coppi Fausto Timorasso '13....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Pulled this from my archives last night to try:
1. Vigne Marina Coppi Fausto DOC: Timorasso Colli Tortonesi (14%; TheSortingTable/Napa) Francesco Bellocchio/Castellania 2013: Med.gold color; beautiful very perfumed flora/gardenias/Timo quite spicy/bit cardamon rather perfumed talc some mineral/chalky quite complex almost R-like/floral lovely nose; fairly tart/tangy/bit steely somewhat rich/lush very strong Timo/floral/gardenias/spicy/perfumed talc light mineral/chalky almost R-like/floral complex flavor; very long/lingering strong Timo/floral/gardenias/some R-like slight metallic/steely light chalky/mineral somewhat rich/lush complex beautiful finish; an absolutely beautiful expression of a mature Timo. $49.00 (KK)
1. I think I probably bought most of the btls they had on the shelf at Koko of this wine....probably because the price scared people away from an unknown varietal. Have one more left. Alas, the NM distributor is no longer in business, so more recent vintages are not available.
Several yrs ago when I fell in love with this wine, it was a very intense Timo and reminded a lot of Riesling. It seems to have lost a bit of its intensity & power and faded slightly, but gained in complexity, so probably not going to get a whole lot better. But it is still a beautiful expression of Timo.
Tom