The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2003 Alain Jaume Lirac Clos de Sixte

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gregg G

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Atwater Village, CA.

WTN: 2003 Alain Jaume Lirac Clos de Sixte

by Gregg G » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:58 pm

2003 Alain Jaume Lirac Clos de Sixte - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Lirac (2/27/2007)
Cellar time has improved this wine considerably. The baby fat grenache has settled down and shows more layers. Nose of cherries, slight kirsch and garrigue. The palate is full and rich with layers of kirsch, garrigue and raspberry. Well balanced and nice intensity on the midpalate. Pretty rich with good length on the finish. Great qpr wine. Unfortunately all mine are now gone. This wine is in a good place right now and though the fruit is primary, it shows depth and concentration. It certainly could age and gain some complexity. RP nailed this wine.
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: WTN: 2003 Alain Jaume Lirac Clos de Sixte

by Redwinger » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:05 pm

I like what I'm seeing coming out of Lirac lately, just wish we saw a few more labels in this market. BTW, do you happen to recall the importer on this.
Thanks,
BP
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Gregg G

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Atwater Village, CA.

by Gregg G » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:22 pm

Bill - It was a local importer in Gardena CA., but can't remember the importer. Purchased at Wine Exchange in Orange, CA. Jaume is Grand Veneur (CdP). I would think this was widely available.
Regards,
Gregg
no avatar
User

Bruce K

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:06 pm

by Bruce K » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm 99 percent sure Kysela's the importer for all Jaume and Grand Veneur bottlings -- at least that's true in the DC area. Perhaps it's different for California and some other states?
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Bruce K wrote:I'm 99 percent sure Kysela's the importer for all Jaume and Grand Veneur bottlings -- at least that's true in the DC area. Perhaps it's different for California and some other states?

The Jaume CdR that I posted on a day or two ago was locally obtained and was a Kysela import.

Mike
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child