The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Marcus Ansems, Janasse, Joblot Givry

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Marcus Ansems, Janasse, Joblot Givry

by Jenise » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:10 pm

Opened last night as a sipper with a charcuterie and vegetable platter.

2020 Daydreamer Chardonnay Marcus Ansems Okanagan Valley
Needed an hour to fully open up and put fruit in front. Bright yellow, slightly cloudy/unfiltered (not complaining), with layers of creamy, complex aromas. A very unusual, and remarkable, chardonnay.

Took these two to share with another couple at a new French Bistro in town. Served side by side.

2014 Domaine Joblot Givry 1er Cru Clos de la Servoisine Pinot Noir
PnP'd. Great nose of red fruit punctuated with mild barnyard. Midpalate and finish very good; all-around a perfect mid-range Burgundy that tastes like more (especially given current Burgundy prices) than the $35ish I paid for these. Very happy to have three more in the cellar.

2010 Domaine de la Janasse Côtes du Rhône Red Rhone Blend
PnP'd. Body slightly bigger here in the CdR, with more dark cherry flavor, tannins and rustic textures, but overall a very very pleasing 12 year old CdR perfect for a French bistro lunch. It's crazy that I still have this. Per my inventory I bought and consumed one long ago, so either I didn't consume the one I had or I bought two and this is the second bottle. It only came to my attention only a week ago. Sure glad we lost it and I'm sorry I didn't buy and lose more of them.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Re: WTN: Marcus Ansems, Janasse, Joblot Givry

by Bill Spohn » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:50 pm

Glad to hear that the Ansems was doing well. I have the 20 and 1 - maybe a mini-vertical is in order next summer?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Marcus Ansems, Janasse, Joblot Givry

by Jenise » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:49 pm

This was my last 20, but I bought the '21. Sorry I didn't bring home a Viognier too--wow, was that stellar and there were still a few left at the Naramata General Store. You bought the sparkler, right?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov