The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Stinson CabFranc VA '19....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Stinson CabFranc VA '19....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:25 pm

Grayson brought this to our Carlisle tasting ystrday:
1. StinsonVnyds CabFranc Monticello VA (14.8%; 450 cs; www.StinsonVineyards.com) Crozet/VA 2019: Very dark color; strong herbal/CabFranc/dusty some earthy/loamy light toasty/oak bit complex nose; fairly tart/tangy strong herbal/CabFranc rather earthy/dusty/loamy bit toasty/oak somewhat rough/rustic flavor w/ ample rough tannins; long fairly herbal/CabFranc/earthy/dusty/loamy some coarse/rustic finish w/ ample tannins; needs more age but not sure it has enough fruit to develop; would like a bit more blackcurranty Cab fruit; reminds some of a Loire CabFranc but w/ more body & structure and not the bright fruit the best of those show.
$29.00 (vGK)
Thought this a rather interesting expression of CabFranc & one of the better VA wines I've tried. This is, of course, not the best of the VA wines. That would be, of course, Trump Cellars...which we are told on good authority is America's finest sparkling wine. And, I'm sure, if they made an orange wine, it would also be America's greatest Vini Macerati.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Stinson CabFranc VA '19....(short/boring)

by Jenise » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:58 pm

That would be, of course, Trump Cellars...

LOL.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Uhhhh

by TomHill » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:43 pm

Jenise wrote:
That would be, of course, Trump Cellars...

LOL.

Uhhhh...Jenise. Go to their WebSite. It's declared there to be the greatest Sparkling wine in the USofA.
Tom
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Stinson CabFranc VA '19....(short/boring)

by David M. Bueker » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:49 pm

Yeah, but still LOL.
Decisions are made by those who show up