The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Hooked on Phonics

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Hooked on Phonics

by David M. Bueker » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:51 pm

2020 Stereophonic Wines Sangiovese Heart Container - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (12/3/2022)
Fascinating blend of the grape and the place. It has a very ripe fruit expression as I expected from a Paso Robles wine, but it’s also delicate, with more of a strawberry tone rather than some overripe, macerated blackberry heaviness. It’s interesting trying to square the circle of sweet fruit and delicacy, and I don’t think I am there yet. Still it’s more than tasty, and makes me think differently about what can come out of Paso.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Hooked on Phonics

by Jenise » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:22 pm

There are times when I see your titles and feel a sense of anticipation as I try to imagine what in the h--- THAT could be about. This was one of the best in a long while. :)

But hey, Paso? I probably only have a third the wine you do, but still, of 1600 or so bottles, how many are Paso? Zero. How many have I purchased in the last, say, five years? One, a Tablas Creek white. And it's not because Paso wines aren't around, they are. I really liked that Tablas Creek white. But those that show up unbidden at wine events fail to prove to me that there's any reason for me to give Paso wines a chance. The odd one I like is just that--an odd one.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Hooked on Phonics

by David M. Bueker » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:24 pm

This was part of a spur of the moment purchase to help a winemaker who had some medical issues. Cash flow!

Glad I bought it even after tasting it!
Decisions are made by those who show up