The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Burgundy and Beaujolais with a little age

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Burgundy and Beaujolais with a little age

by Dale Williams » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:28 pm

Some construction at my office has made me move around some of my overflow cellar, lot of work but leads me to bottles that are in a good place!

Lime roast salmon, on a bed of couscous/arugula (with a dressing that is kind of Green Goddess meets tzatziki)
2007 Camus Bruchon Savigny-les-Beaune
Smooth, mature but not tired, lovely black cherry fruit with cocoa and saddle leather. Fine showing for a bottle that was I believe $20. Why I have some passive storage, let’s me age things that don’t make sense to pay storage for. B+

Hmart marinated pork steak, rice, broccoli with mustard butter, bok choy with fish sauce and sambal oelek, and king trumpet mushrooms. I am sometimes perplexed by the Jadot/CdJ style in youth, as they can seem monolithic, but age has done wonders for the 2009 Jadot Ch. des Jacques Moulin a Vent. Lovely, sappy, with black cherry and sage, nice earthy undertones. Fragrant, elegant, could be a good ringer in a Beaune lineup. B++

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Burgundy and Beaujolais with a little age

by Jenise » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:04 pm

Nice! I had those '09 Jadots once upon a time, three I think; sacrificed the first one right off the bat and didn't trust to leave the others alone long enough. Yours sounds perfect.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov