The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Two New Foradori Whites....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Two New Foradori Whites....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:56 pm

The new Fordadoris hit the shelves Fri, so I tried:
1. Foradori Fuoripista PinotGrigio IGT: Vigneti delle Dolomiti (12.5%; U; http://www.AgricolaForadori.com; 8 months on skins in clay tinijas; LouisDresnerSlctns/NY) Mezzolombardo/Trentino 2021: Deep golden/burnished bronze/light garnet color; somewhat phenolic/VM/skin-contact/resinyrather floral/PG/spicy/carnations lovely aromatic slight earthy/dusty/OV complex nose; quite tart/tangy somewhat floral/PG/carnations/spicy lightly VM/phenolic/resiny fairly complex lovely flavor w/ sligt tannic bite; very long/lingering strong PG/floral/carnations/rose petal/spicy very slight phenolic/VM rather complex finish; strong PG varietal character but a bit of complexity brought by the skin-contact; one of the best PG Ramatos I can recall; pricey at $54.50 (KK)
2. Foradori FontanaSanta Nosiola IGT: Vigneti delle Dolomiti (12.5%; EB; 8 months on skins in Tinijas) Mezzolombardo/TN 2021: Med.gold color; very fragrant floral/carnations/gardenias rather spicy slight herbal/hollyhocks/pungent slight perfumed talc somewhat complex lovely perfumed nose; mlightly tart some citric/lemony rather floral/carnations/gardenias/spicy lightly pungent/hollyhocks rather rich/lush fairly complex rather perfumed flavor; very long/lingering rather floral/carnations/gardenias fairly rich/lush/rather spicy complex finish; a beautiful expression of Nosiola that will will only get better; a big rich white much like a Timorasso; beautiful wine.
$54.50 (KK)
1. Both of these wines had considerable skin-contact in clay amphorae from Jose Padilla. The Nosiola showed no signs of VM whatsoever. Just lots of aromatics that reminded me of a very good Timorasso.
Whereas, the PG showed some VM character, mostly in the nose (and the color), but not so much on the palate. It lacked that tannic bite & austere character you would expect from that extended skin-contact. $54.50 for an Italian PG?? Well...this may just be one that's worth that price. Maybe the best PG Ramato I can recall.
Tom