The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Lap Dance

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Lap Dance

by Jenise » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:34 pm

2021 Francisque Lapandéry Côte Roannaise Rosé Vieilles Vignes Raisin Egrappe Rosé Blend
Rich coppery salmon color from gamay base grape, a rarity in the Loire appellation. Flavors of red rose petals sauteed in butter with more body and depth than most roses. Equally fine as a sipper or food wine. Glad I bought several (on spec, along with a few bottles of the red from this house).
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: Lap Dance

by Dale Williams » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:39 pm

Nice note, wine sounds fun.
Gamay's not really a rarity in Loire though, besides Cote Roannaise pretty common in Touraine (reds and roses).
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Lap Dance

by Jenise » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 pm

Dale, you're right I forgot about Touraine. And of course if you live in the Cote Roannaise they're not rare at all. But just in this forum? Tim York mentioned one in November last year and someone brought one to a geek tasting I was at the month before, but prior to that? Rahsaan, in 2020. That's really what I meant by rare--one rarely sees them mentioned.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov