The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: bummer bubble and 2 excellent So Rhones

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: bummer bubble and 2 excellent So Rhones

by Jenise » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:40 pm

Over the weekend:

2008 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs
CORKED.

2007 Domaine Chante-Perdrix Châteauneuf-du-Pape Red
Good balance of sweet and savory. Medium-dark red fruits with some leather and garrique, but it's really not very tertiary yet. Very good acidity and balance, and amazingly the 15% alcohol doesn't show even when you're hunting for it. A stand-out for the vintage on Day One, and zero oxidation when finished four days later.

2021 Domaine les Pallières Au Petit Bonheur Gigondas Rose

Very pale with a gold hue. Very dry with notes of watermelon, strawberry and hay. Excellent.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: bummer bubble and 2 excellent So Rhones

by David M. Bueker » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:56 pm

There are some random Gigondas and CNdP wines in my dad's cellar. I will need to investigate on my next trip. There are also a few bottles of known good stuff...at least it should be good stuff!

No Perdrix though. He liked those enough that he actually drank them!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: bummer bubble and 2 excellent So Rhones

by Jenise » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 pm

I was really surprised by this. Does not show like the typical 07 at all--a vintage I mostly avoided but for VT and a single bottle of Vieux Donjon purchased at an all-CdP distributor event at which I liked almost none. I have no idea at this point what convinced me to take a chance on these later (I got four, long ago), but glad I did. I have two more, and they have a good future ahead.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov