The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Commissioner

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Commissioner

by David M. Bueker » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:29 pm

2020 Turley Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (3/28/2023)
Been a long time since I last had a Ueberroth Vineyard Zinfandel. My dad had ordered a case of this wine, but sadly never got to drink it. Opened one and sampled over two nights. The defining feature for me was a distinctive brightness - fresh acidity that amplified the fruit and spice character of the wine. There was no heaviness and no trace of heat despite the 15.7% alcohol (I was shocked when I checked it). Food friendly and with a long, spiced cherry finish, this was a wonderful, if melancholy, welcome back to the site.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Commissioner

by Jenise » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:00 pm

I find myself trying to guess, before I open your notes, what the title might allude to. I'd have never in a hundred years guessed this though I immediately recognized--and laughed!--at the reference. Good old Peter.

Surprising note on the wine. Sounds a lot better than what I believe is possible for Paso.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Commissioner

by David M. Bueker » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:43 pm

Jenise wrote:I find myself trying to guess, before I open your notes, what the title might allude to. I'd have never in a hundred years guessed this though I immediately recognized--and laughed!--at the reference. Good old Peter.

Surprising note on the wine. Sounds a lot better than what I believe is possible for Paso.

Ueberroth consistently provides Zins that handle their octane better than just about anything else from the grape in Paso.
Decisions are made by those who show up