The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Louie Anderson’s

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Louie Anderson’s

by David M. Bueker » Fri May 19, 2023 8:20 pm

2006 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/19/2023)
I love reading CellarTracker notes because sometimes they provide useful information, and the rest of the time they provide entertainment. All the comments about this wine peaking or with no more upside completely miss what Cabernet Sauvignon-based wines do when given sufficient runway. There’s nothing suggesting a peak in complexity or even some imminent decline. There’s still berry fruit, the spice notes are bright and focused. It has a tiny touch of leathery/earthy tertiary, but plenty of depth to further develop. This is a wine approaching maturity, rather than cresting it. The CellarTracker drinking window that supposedly closes this year has in reality just opened. Continue to cellar and enjoy with confidence.

From my late father’s cellar which had been between 56-58 degrees for the duration.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Louie Anderson’s

by Jenise » Wed May 24, 2023 4:48 pm

I get what you mean about CT notes. On the other hand, you do have a glacially-paced cellar. Those not so lucky would be taking an earlier flight.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Louie Anderson’s

by David M. Bueker » Wed May 24, 2023 5:01 pm

Jenise wrote:I get what you mean about CT notes. On the other hand, you do have a glacially-paced cellar. Those not so lucky would be taking an earlier flight.

This actually came out of my dad's cellar, which while good, is not Svalbard seed vault quality.
Decisions are made by those who show up