The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: All Albor!!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: All Albor!!!

by David M. Bueker » Tue May 23, 2023 7:11 pm

2021 Orixe Sotelo Albor - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Calaveras County (5/23/2023)
I have loved the 2020 inaugural vintage of this wine, so had to get the 2021. It’s not quite the same (duh!), but still a very interesting and delicious wine. The combination of Albariño and Godello provides a mix of fresh pit fruit and herbal aromas, and it also gives a richness on the palate that makes the wine feel substantial at a very reasonable alcohol level of 13%. There’s a clear fresh peach flavor, and then at the end, an unmistakable note of Flintstones chewable vitamins. You probably have to be a certain age to know what that is, but it’s there! Takes me way back.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: All Albor!!!

by Jenise » Tue May 23, 2023 7:51 pm

Been awhile since I've seen the descriptor Flintstone vitamins, but yes, many of us remember that flavor. Actually, my mom didn't buy the Flintstone stuff but we did take a daily dose of a similarly flavored kiddie pill called Poly-Vi-Sol, which me and my friend Sally liked so much we stole an entire bottle from her father's medical office and took it to a park to share. Didn't exactly make us sick, but I don't think either of us slept for about three days.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov