The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Night of the Iguanas

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Night of the Iguanas

by Jenise » Sat May 27, 2023 4:43 pm

Title refers to the movie we watched at my brother's home while eating taco salads and drinking (I brought the wine):

2016 Domaine Michel Briday Bouzeron Aligoté
Last night's bottle was a lot more relaxed and giving than the first bottle we opened in February. Superb balance, shows what this grape is about and firmly put it on the radar of guests who had never had it before.

2018 Domaine de la Mordorée Tavel Cuvée de la Reine des Bois Red Rhone Blend
My last bottle of a case. Less herbaceous and sherried than five years ago with more rose petals and blood orange peel. Delightful.

2016 E. Guigal Gigondas Red Rhone Blend
Textbook Giggie. Aging has discouraged the sweet fruit of the wine's early years and now shows a lot of herbs in the basket of pomegranate and boysenberries. Not at all mature, but some secondary nuances are beginning to show.

When those ran out, out came some Bota Box brand 'Buttery Chardonnay'. Would have been undrinkable had it not been ice cold. At the same time, for lovers of that style on a budget, I can appreciate that this would negate the need to buy anything more expensive.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov