The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Monday March 13: Victor de la Serna and Spanish Wines (Controversial!)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

SFJoe

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:54 pm

Re: Victor de la Serna on our Spain TalkShoe Monday

by SFJoe » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:02 pm

You know, I hardly ever visit a B&M store anymore. Most of what I buy, I get from the Internet. So I don't worry that it's an inconvenient drive to Chambers St., or the Rare Wine Co., or 1er Cru.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:40 pm

SFJoe wrote:You know, I hardly ever visit a B&M store anymore. Most of what I buy, I get from the Internet. So I don't worry that it's an inconvenient drive to Chambers St., or the Rare Wine Co., or 1er Cru.

I wish I could buy off the internet. Could you buy a few state legislators for me? The distributors lobby in Annapolis has a pretty solid hold on them right now, but I suspect at the right price they might be willing to "change their minds." For a guy like you that should be chump change.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:42 am

Now there is an area where James has my complete sympathy (and understanding). Maryland is arguably the worst state in the union for buying wine.

Heck, we're talking about a state where it's illegal to take wine past the city limits of Baltimore into greater Baltimore County. (And I won't even get into the Montgomery County monopoly...)
Decisions are made by those who show up
Previous