The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN 2002 Kenwood Artists' Series Cabernet Sauvignon

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

WTN 2002 Kenwood Artists' Series Cabernet Sauvignon

by Brian K Miller » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:44 pm

Quite expensive ($60) but very, very impressive. I'm enjoying many Sonoma Valley and Alexander Valley Cabs, and this wine was quite impressive. Dark color and a lot of nice leather and earth on the nose. Black, black fruit with plenty of leather and savory elements on the palette. Impressive enough that I completely destroyed my budget for the paycheck :oops:

Solid ****
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN 2002 Kenwood Artists' Series Cabernet Sauvignon

by Jenise » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:09 pm

You know what, $60 isn't a give-away, but considering the quality of this wine vs. other wines in Napa-Sonoma that are going for a lot lot more, to me $60 is quite reasonable.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Re: WTN 2002 Kenwood Artists' Series Cabernet Sauvignon

by Brian K Miller » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:10 pm

Good point, Jenise :)

I recall that my "Hated Wine of 2006" (Tamber Bey) was quite close in price.

I actually tried their sister winery, Valley of the Moon, today after a Sonoma County bicycle ride. The reserve cab was like a wierd combination of the cheapy Kenwood Cab ($9.00) -very, very green and bell peppery but with some decent savory notes on the finish-and the riper (but not oaky or overblown) Artistry wine. Oddly enough, it was halfway between the other wines in price, too ($35). :)
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach