The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

help. lodgings for a wine trip to Sonoma

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

GeoCWeyer

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:24 pm

WoodburyMN

help. lodgings for a wine trip to Sonoma

by GeoCWeyer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Three couples are going for a week long trip to San Francisco and Sonoma this July. Last year, we visited San Francisco and Napa.
While in Napa, we stayed at the Calistoga Spa and Hot Spring. We love it's affordability, location and it's pools as well as the other spa offerings on site. We don't need fancy, expensive decorated rooms, we just need clean, fairly quiet and at least a pool. If it were a Spa all the better!

Does anyone have any recommendations in Sonoma. So far we have been told that we should probably look for somewhere with just a pool and use the Mission Spa if we wish. This would be okay.

We really hate to have to make the over and back mountain trip each day that would be necessary if we stayed in Calistoga.

In San Francisco we always stay at the Cornell and eat their Fixed Price Dinner at least one evening. The 4 course French dinner with a wide array of choices of entrees is a steal for $30.
I love the life I live and live the life I love*, and as Mark Twain said, " Always do well it will gratify the few and astonish the rest".

*old blues refrain
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: help. lodgings for a wine trip to Sonoma

by Jenise » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:46 pm

George, we've used the Best Western in Healdsberg as a Sonoma base in the past. Everything you've specified, and very good restaurants and bakeries (a baguette to take tasting!) are all nearby. Don't know about the pool, though.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

Re: help. lodgings for a wine trip to Sonoma

by Hoke » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:07 pm

In addition to what Jenise says, there's a Best Western right off the Sonoma Plaza as well. Perfectly good. Also, both in Sonoma and Healdsburg, there are 'day spas'. In Sonoma there's one right on the Plaza, and a couple just off the Plaza. In Healdsburg, I know there's at least one about a four block (short blocks) walk from the Plaza.

As for spas (and places to stay, but expensive) there is the Sonoma Mission Inn you named. There's also, in Sonoma Valley, the Kenwood Spa right on Highway 12. Great place too.