The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

winecommune

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

winecommune

by Tom Troiano » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Can anyone give me any insights on Wine Commune? Are there any observations that might be helpful to others? If the item says "ships to USA" can I assume they'll ship to my State? Is it fundamentally the same as ebay?

Tom T.
no avatar
User

Jim Vandegriff

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 am

Trinidad, CA

Re: winecommune

by Jim Vandegriff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:32 pm

I've used winecommune quite a bit over the years purchasing both from individual sellers in other states, and directly from their selling arm (JJBuckley). I've had excellent results either way as a buyer. I've never sold anything so I can't really comment on being a seller there. They are located in my state (California), so I don't know much about their shipping, Tom, but I have talked to folks there on the phone and by email, and they were courteous and knowledgeable. All the best, Jim
in Trinidad, CA, by the sea
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Tom, no. Ships to USA means they don't ship to foreign countries, and within the U.S. they'll only ship where laws allow. I'm sure their website lists which states those are.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:41 pm

I'm sure Jenise is correct as far as the JJ Buckley stuff, but my guess is 90+% of the private sellers will ship to about any state.
no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

by Tom Troiano » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:56 pm

Dale Williams wrote:I'm sure Jenise is correct as far as the JJ Buckley stuff, but my guess is 90+% of the private sellers will ship to about any state.

That's kinda what I thought from reading the FAQs on the site (just like ebay - private wine sellers will ship anywhere). Thanks!

Tom T.