The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 1999 Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combot

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dan Donahue

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:02 pm

IL

WTN: 1999 Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combot

by Dan Donahue » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:44 pm

• 1999 Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (4/27/2007)
    Color a slightly darker ruby red than I was expecting. Nose was reticent intially, but eventually emerged to include cherry compote and allspice along with the canonical red fruits. Silky texture with red fruits and oak. Maybe a hint of tertiary flavors, but nothing you can get your tongue around at this time. Balance a little clunky--could have been leaner--yet it finishes nicely.

Consumed during a 2+ hour dinner, so the bottle got plenty of air. Showed best with the Coq au Vin. I'm holding the rest for a few years to give the oak a chance to integrate. (89 pts.)

The beginner white was a simple, but very drinkable, '05 Les Heritiers (the heirs) du Comte Lafon Macon. I assume this is a Lafon negociant.

Based on this, I'll be opening more of the '99 1ers later this year.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 1999 Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combot

by David M. Bueker » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks Dan. Perhaps I will wait another year or two on the Lignier Combottes. Age 10 seems to be a good time to start looking in on good 1er Crus.
Decisions are made by those who show up