The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

It's officially "Muscadet Season"

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

It's officially "Muscadet Season"

by Redwinger » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:45 am

Well it is always Muscadet season, but last evening was the first evening meal enjoyed on the porch and one of my favorite porch wines is Muscadet. The lovely NJ who sports a fine palate, but scoffs at geekiness, exclaimed the wine was wonderful....melon and a zippiness. When I mentioned that the cost was under $10, she mentioned that we should perhaps pick up a case for the summer. Life is good.
Bill
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: It's officially "Muscadet Season"

by David M. Bueker » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:49 am

So what was the wine?
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

by Redwinger » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 am

David M. Bueker wrote:So what was the wine?

David,
It is a 2005 Dom. du Millaud. Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for the rest of you, this is a direct import by one of the local Indy shops. I doubt it is available anyplace else in the US. When I was ITB, a sample showed up one day in the store. We (sales staff) tasted it, and said we needed to order a bunch. Very Pepiere-like IMO.
Bill
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:17 am

Sounds good Bill. I'm set for Muscadet Season 2007. I loaded up on Pepiere, Luneau-Papin and a few others. The weather is supposed to heat up some time next week, so I will be deep in the Muscadet and (ESJ) Rosé soon.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:38 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Sounds good Bill. I'm set for Muscadet Season 2007. I loaded up on Pepiere, Luneau-Papin and a few others. The weather is supposed to heat up some time next week, so I will be deep in the Muscadet and (ESJ) Rosé soon.

Obviously it depends where you live. Here in Northern CA I'll be using less Muscadet because dungness crab season is winding down. During the winter months fresh crab, French bread, Muscadet, a small salad after, twice a week is our norm. Drink Muscadet in the warmer weather although more likely to hustle up some dry Roses. Pepiere by the case, YES. :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:39 pm

Redwinger wrote:Well it is always Muscadet season, but last evening was the first evening meal enjoyed on the porch and one of my favorite porch wines is Muscadet. The lovely NJ who sports a fine palate, but scoffs at geekiness, exclaimed the wine was wonderful....melon and a zippiness. When I mentioned that the cost was under $10, she mentioned that we should perhaps pick up a case for the summer. Life is good.
Bill

Indeed, Bill, the thermometer hit 90° today in our part of the state. Not to mention that my latest CSW order came with an extra bottle of the '04 L D'Or. Let the Muscadet flow!

Mark Lipton

p.s. YHM :D
no avatar
User

Marc D

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Bellingham WA

by Marc D » Tue May 01, 2007 11:42 am

an extra bottle of the '04 L D'Or

It takes will power not to drink the whole bottle, but recently that wine was spectacularly good the next day.

Marc