The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Dale Williams and other New Yorkers--Offline in Manhattan

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Dale Williams and other New Yorkers--Offline in Manhattan

by JC (NC) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:19 am

Time to bring up again and try to secure a date. I arrive in NYC on Monday June 11th after three nights in the Finger Lakes Region and will be there until the 14th. An offline on Tuesday June 12th or Wednesdy June 13th would probably work best for me. I will be staying at a hotel on West 46th St. but can take subway or buses or taxi within Manhattan. I would also like to dine at Gramercy Tavern one evening so if we set the date for the offline, then I can make a dinner reservation for an evening that we are not meeting.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: Dale Williams and other New Yorkers--Offline in Manhattan

by Dale Williams » Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Jane,
I forgot that was your week to visit. I provisionally signed up with some friends for a Spanish offline on the 12th (upper end 2004s is the theme). If you have any interest in that theme, I can inquire as to whether there is room for one more.
If not, I'll let them know I'm out (big young Spanish wines are not really my fave in any case, I was just doing to be socialable). We can start a thread on offline board here, and I'll send an email to some NYCers with WLDG history.
Either case we'll make it work.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Thu May 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Dale, count me in. Bob
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

by JC (NC) » Thu May 10, 2007 2:28 pm

Dale, I don't want to upset your plans, but if you really don't cotton to young big Spanish reds I can see your point. I'm pretty flexible as to themes but doubt that I have any 2004 Spanish wine worth contributing.
Sounds like maybe we should set up our own offline if you really don't mind forgoing the one on the 12th.

Not sure what you mean about offline board (is it a separate forum or elsewhere on WLDG site?) but I will follow your lead. Hope Betsy can join us and Bob's Janet. (Do I have her name correct, Bob?)
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Thu May 10, 2007 2:43 pm

I've sent my regrets to the other group (I've already done 2 Spanish offlines in last couple months, and afraid most of what is being bought to this event isn't really my style). I'll start a thread for this on the offline forum (another forum on this site)