The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

A question for Steve Edmunds and other winemakers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

A question for Steve Edmunds and other winemakers

by Bob Henrick » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:26 pm

Steve, as I sit here after reading Otto's glowing report on a couple of your wines, and then reading that Cynthia said that she had opened a bottle of your "shadow" it leads to a question.

Obviously 2002 was a difficult vintage for much of the North Coast and Central California grape growing. Also knowing the way you deal with growers, it follows that you pay top dollar for fruit. With the conditions of 2002 and given the fact that you released the "Shadow" at $11.50 per 750ml bottle I am encouraged to ask you if the low price for this stellar juice reflects my thinking that in lesser or difficult years that wine makers should and many do, reduce prices or completely declassify.

I am probably not stating my thoughts well, but I hope you can muddle through them. Thanks.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

SteveEdmunds

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

Berkeley, CA

Re: A question for Steve Edmunds and other winemakers

by SteveEdmunds » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:53 pm

That damn Shadow wine took such a long time to get its act together, and there was so much of it, the second label and the cheap price seemed like the best chance I had to get a little of the money I spent on it back into my pocket.

Bob; you can't muddle! You're a wine guru! What will people think? :wink:
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...