The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Saving labels - suggestions?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: My Technique....

by Cynthia Wenslow » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:30 pm

TomHill wrote: Now at over 60,000 labels.

Tom, I just have to ask. Where in the world do you store them and how? That's a LOT of labels!
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Storing Labels...

by TomHill » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:25 am

Cynthia,
I just buy spiral loose-leaf notebooks and glue the in w/ rubber cement. Use a clamp-press to squeeze them down tight whilst the glue dries. Eventually, the rubber cement will fail, I presume, but Vol.I, started in 1972, is still holding together well it appears.
Tom
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Storing Labels...

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 pm

TomHill wrote:Eventually, the rubber cement will fail, I presume, but Vol.I, started in 1972, is still holding together well it appears.

Back in the old days when reporters used to write on paper and glue things into books, we used a lot of rubber cement in the news room. One trick I learned early on: If you want to make a <i>permanent</i> rubber cement bond, use this trick: Spread a smooth, thin coat of rubber cement on <i>both</i> surfaces, and let it dry. Then stick the dry cement sides together. It would <i>never</i> come off, or so it seemed. Can't really testify to its durability over many decades, but it sure looked permanent to me.
Previous