The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Domaine Bouchard Pere & Fils 2002 Savigny-Les-Beaune

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

Domaine Bouchard Pere & Fils 2002 Savigny-Les-Beaune

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:48 pm

I finally get it. The burgundy thing.

I've probably tasted about 30 or so since I started getting into wine on the hobby level, and I've just been unable to see what all the fuss is about. I even attended a Jadot tasting, where we sampled some top-notch appellations.

Tonight I enjoyed the above referenced wine ($30 at Burkas Liquor in NW DC) with grilled salmon fillet and sauteed asparagus, and damn...it was good!

Really fresh strawberries and cherries on the nose, and the palate was similar, with a nice, clean mineral notes and perfectly balanced acidity and tannins.

Funny how tastes change over time...I've always liked wines like syrah and pinotage, but lately they've just not been hitting the mark for me, and I find myself craving more food friendly, lighter style wines. Of course, it could have something to do with the summer season, but whatever the case, I'm really happy that I turned down the pinot selections at World Market near my office tonight (all Cali wines) and took the time to visit a proper outlet w/ some Burgs.
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

David Lole

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 am

Canberra, Australia

Re: Domaine Bouchard Pere & Fils 2002 Savigny-Les-Beaune

by David Lole » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Welcome to the club! :wink:
Cheers,

David
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: Domaine Bouchard Pere & Fils 2002 Savigny-Les-Beaune

by Rahsaan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:18 am

K Story wrote:I finally get it. The burgundy thing.

I've probably tasted about 30 or so.

Congratulations!

And one out of thirty is not that bad of a ratio... :wink: